A large (ongoing) project for a directory website using a child theme of ListingPro and the BuddyBoss Platform plugin. Both are heavily modified to fit the client’s needs. I worked with a couple of other developers on this project. We tracked tasks using Monday, communicated using Slack, and worked using both Flywheel (Local) and GitHub, primarily committing changes to our own feature branches.
- Added custom login page
- Added option to select your relation to the person/business when leaving a review
- Added Donate Button option to Pricing Plans which is only available to certain kinds of businesses. I also added it to the listing page layout in ListingPro’s settings, so its positioning can be adjusted like the other widgets in the sidebar
- Added ability to crop Business Logo and Featured Image when creating/editing a listing
- Added category display on blog post previews
- Added additional social profile options to listings
- Fixed an issue where url previews were being incorrectly generated
- Fixed an issue where BuddyBoss profile settings were saving incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where a listing’s Additional Details were being duplicated after editing
- Fixed an issue when trying to switch between annual/monthly plan displays on the Pricing Plans page
- Fixed an issue where URL previews were not generating on the News Feed and ajax loading would not occur automatically
- Made many styling adjustments throughout the website
All of the tasks I completed required either theme or plugin modification. I became much faster at identifying the relevant pieces of code in the theme/plugin and figuring out how to override it in such a way that there shouldn’t be issues if the theme/plugin ever needs to be updated.