This was my largest project so far. I worked on around 30 WordPress sites running on a Multisite (WP Engine) for Dasmen Residential. I did not design the site initially, but I made numerous changes and additions to their custom theme. The tasks that took up most of my time on this site, however, were optimizing page speed and implementing Spanish translations for most of the sites.
I made a remarkable improvement to all of the sites on this multisite. Some of the most notable changes I made:
If you want to see the improvement for yourself, click the download button below! It will show the initial and final speed results for 29 of these WordPress sites. I believe most, if not all of the initial tests were done after the CDN and lazyloading Google Maps were implemented globally, so the initial tests already reflect some improvement. Also, keep in mind that these tests are throttled to a 10-15 Mbps connection.
I made many minor changes and additions to these sites and resolved several issues, but here are some of the more significant changes: